Our studio in the Saguaro Building has a Photo Print Gallery where member prints are on display and some are available for purchase. Our main area acts as the classroom and club meeting area. Less visible is our “Digital Darkroom” where our computers, printers, and scanners are available for members.
Our large Classroom/Meeting Area is used for classes, meetings, slideshows, and general discussion sessions. There is a wall-mounted 85-inch Sony LCD TV monitor and a high-quality, ceiling-mounted BenQ SH910 Digital projector with a 58 x 104-inch roll-up screen. A sound system is also installed in the room. This equipment is used to display high-fidelity color images and slideshows as well as an aid for the many classes that are conducted here.
The Digital Darkroom is equipped as follows:
- Computers: Two PCs and an iMac with the latest software programs needed to change your "as-shot" images into your own works of art. An additional iMac is available in the classroom/meeting area.
- Printers: A Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 and a Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6400 capable of making high-quality prints of your digital images, up to size 24 by 36 inches. Two Canon PIXMA PRO-100 printers are available in the classroom/meeting area.
- Scanners: Epson 4990 scanner for making digital images of your existing prints (up to 8.5 by 11.7 inches), slides, or negatives.
- Digital Image Converter: Two Wolverine SNAP Image Converters that can make digital images of photos (up to 5x7 inch), negatives, and slides are available for loan to members.
- Monitor Calibrator: Spyder Monitor Calibrator is also available for loan to members.
The Photo Club has additional equipment also available to the members:
- Mat Cutter: 48-inch Fletcher Mat Cutter for custom making your own photo mats. Instructions are offered periodically on the use and techniques of this system. Owners Manual
- Paper Trimmer: Dahle 554 Rolling Trimmer for trimming photos up to 28 inches in width.
- Mounting/Laminating Press: Bienfang Masterpiece 250 Press is available to heat mount and laminate photos. Accepts sizes up to 18.5 x 23 inches. Owners Manual
- Studio lighting equipment and backdrops that are used for portrait and tabletop photography.
Stop by and see what the Club has to offer. There is always someone available that can help with your questions and get you going to do more than just "taking pictures".